WordPress is an open source publishing platform that makes it easy to build a website or start a blog. WordPress features an easy-to-use administration interface and thousands of free plugins and themes that can help enhance your site’s functionality — no wonder 20% of all websites rely on it!
WordPress can power anything from a small blog, large e-commerce sites, to small-business sites. WordPress allows you to grow with your site.
Easy To Use
Don’t touch a single line of code — ever. Stop paying web developers each time you want to make a change to your website! We use professional themes and great plugins to help make your site run smoothly and effortlessly.
Thousands of developers and designers publish their plugins and themes for WordPress — which means you have a whole team of people available to help extend your site’s features and functionality — and lots of options!
WordPress comes free with all of our hosting plans. You can use our easy 1-touch installer to get a new WordPress-powered website up-and-running within minutes.
Why Use WordPress?
Take a look at 4 reasons why you should use WordPress if you’re an individual blogger looking to get started with a self-hosted platform. Then say hello on our Contact page and let us know that you’re interested in our Fusepointe personal hosting experience.
1 — WordPress is free!
WordPress has thousands of developers that support it by creating free plug-ins and themes. This has allowed the WordPress foundation to release the software open-source for free. WordPress is sophisticated and as powerful as other commercial publishing/content management systems and allows individuals to create high-quality professional websites very quickly.
2 — WordPress is trusted!
Some of the internet’s most powerful websites are run off of WordPress! From Justin Bieber, BBC America, Reuters, TechCrunch, Green Bay Packers, and CNN! These big internet brands rely on WordPress every day to provide an easy-to-use and reliable publishing platform.
3 — WordPress makes you look professional!
An important consideration of the blogger is to appear professional to others. The fact that you have chosen to use the world’s leading blogging package demonstrates that you are taking a businesslike approach to your blogging.
Other bloggers may want to work with you; advertisers, the media, visitors, support workers and potential buyers of your blog could possibly be put off if you are not using the industry standard.
4 — It’s fresh!
I know that some of the rivals are very good, but none of them has anything like the community, the range of enhancements, (such as plug-ins) or the range of themes as WordPress.
WordPress is also rapidly improving and each new version of the package has the number or enhancements, (so in a recent upgrade it is possible to link customized to sidebars to specific posts, specific categories and even specific tags.
- CHOOSE A DOMAIN NAME Find a domain name that is easy to spell and reflects your business/blog.
- REGISTER YOUR DOMAIN NAME I recommend GoDaddy. Before you purchase, let me know and I might be able to get you a discount! Consider purchasing alternatives (.net, .org, .biz, .info), and use private registration options to protect your personal information.
- SIGNUP FOR HOSTING You’ll need somewhere to store your website files (called a web host).
- LINK YOUR DOMAIN & WEB HOST Connect your domain name with your web host. Ask your domain registrar how to update your name servers.
- INSTALL WORDPRESS Use a 1-click install from your hosting provider to get WordPress running on your hosting account in minutes.
- CHOOSE YOUR THEME Check out free themes at wordpress.org, or browse premium themes at ThemeForest. Choose one you like, download it, and then upload it into WordPress… if you’re not sure how to do this, there’s a ton of free resources that can be found using Google, or let me know, and I’ll help you choose the perfect theme to get started.
- GET SET UP Customize your template to match your brand’s look and feel. Add your logo, change the color scheme, and decide what your homepage is going to look like. Will your website have a blog? Gallery of photos?
- ADD CONTENT Once you determine what types of things you’ll want to feature on your website, it’s time to start adding content. Think of some blog posts to publish, add an about page, contact page, etc… If you want suggestions, just contact me and I’ll be glad to help!